About Me

My photo
A roller girl with a day job and a pottery studio making her way in the world. :)

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend, Buttons & Other Stuff

Hi Everyone!

Yes, I have been slack on my blogging duties. I have been back to back with sales and such it seems since November. Snow Farm, The Greenfield Art Space Seconds Sale in March, Twist and the WEBS tent sale in May. And in the middle of it all I had a wonderful vacation.


For all of you that visited my booth at the WEBS tent sale, I am going to apply to the Cumming Sheep and Wool Festival next year. Fear not! Until then you can purchase my buttons from WEBS.

Many of you have emailed requesting information on my fabulous Vermont vacation cabin. I found it on craigslist, and the owners, Ron and Dottie, are simply lovely. It is just outside Ludlow, VT, about 15 minutes past Okemo Ski Resort.


Please contact : ron@unterman.com and mention you are interested in the studio. They also have a 2 bedroom cabin available that I am going to try and convince some girlfriends to go with me to this fall!

Here are a few more pictures:

This is a close up view of the cabin when I was standing on the deck.


This was the gas "wood" stove that kept me warm in the chilly mountain mornings.


This was the amazing sunset that I got to see each night. And yes, that is a lake in the background. The cabin comes with beach chairs and towels. You can walk to the beach from there!


FYI, off season this cottage rents for $290 for the weekend and additional nights are only $50. It has everything you could ever want from Calphalon pots & coffee pot, to a toaster & oven. Bring your own food and relax. Ron and Dottie, the owners, are great!

And on another topic. We are coming up on Memorial Day weekend. My studio, the Celadon Studio, is having their Spring Open House and Sale on Saturday, May 23rd, from Noon until 4. Morgan, one of the studio members is going to be doing wheel throwing demonstrations all afternoon just off the South Street Parking Lot. Bring yourself or your kids by to try your hand at the potters wheel, sign up for a one on one lesson, buy some great pottery or just hang out and chat with the potters.

You don't have to buy anything, we just want you to come out and support local artists!

The Celadon Studio Spring Open House & Sale
Saturday, May 23, Noon - 4pm

#38 Maplewood Shops, across from the Northampton Brewery in Northampton, MA.


My dear friend Sara made this baby Kimono this morning, finished this afternoon and used one of my hand made porcelian buttons. Just had to share:












And last but not least, I LOVE TO BARTER!!! If you have a skill, craft or something you would like to trade for pottery, buttons or lessons, shoot me an email: littlepottergirl@yahoo.com

I will always respond!

Cheers!

Malea

No comments: